Sunday, September 1, 2013

Who remembers "Lite Brite" ?

Aliyah sees Amanda for Occupational Therapy at home twice a week at 7:45am!

Yes, she starts early! But the great thing about all of Aliyah's therapists, is that they are all fun!!!!!
Amanda introduced the Lite Brite to Aliyah and explained to me all of the benefits this one toy has. Such a great fine motor tool ! 

Amanda told me she got hers at a thrift store. So after she left of course I went to the nearest thrift store and spotted a 'traveler's' Lite Brite for $2.60!  Since I was in the mood for shopping for educational toys/materials I went to a children's consignment store, where I found a                    "cube" Lite Brite for $12! 


 Both Lite Brites did not come with there refill paper.. No worries.... During Aliyah's session Amanda used a plain white sheet of paper, cut it into a square so it can fit the Lite Brite insertion's surface.


The thickness of the paper matters. The thicker it is the more strength Aliyah's needs to use exert on the pegs. (a nice workout for her fingers) Also on the paper you can make patterns.. I drew a horizontal and vertical line. In time Aliyah will put pegs on line, and when she does I will post that accomplishment in this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment