Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I knew something was wrong (June 2010)

Twice a week in the mornings my little one would wake up confused about her surroundings. At times I felt she was still stuck in some realm of sleep but trying to snap out of it. Then this progressed and became more frequent in becoming every other morning. This strange awaking became into a crying awaking. She would wake up crying looking around her, not paying attention to me. I called the 24 hr call nurse in our area and she assured me it was just night terrors and promised this will soon go away. But then it turned out to be a rude awakening for everyone. Every mornings she would lose motor control of her neck and bob it several times, crying hysterically and pinning her tiny nails onto me. I called the nurse again and once again said it was only night terrors. Weeks passed, Aliyah's cries got worst and her rude awakenings was then interfering with her nap times. I once again called her pediatrician but her nurse would not give me and appointment for night terrors. It was the last straw with me when this "rude awakening" was then appearing while she was awake during her playtime. The nurse finally gave me an appointment almost 2 wks later around mid October 2010. She said "I am frustrated in giving you an appointment for night terrors."



No comments:

Post a Comment