Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ambulance

July 25-July 28 2011

On July 25th my daughter started to face constipation problems, miralax didn't help. I took her in to see her ped July 26th. Her nurse did an enema. It did not help much, they instructed us to give her half a capful of miralax. We came in again in the next day... This time it looked like my little girl was in REAL PAIN. They did another enema... It helped some but not enough to relief her.. they told us to give her a capful of miralax.. nothing... it didn't help much....

Frustrated I took her in to see her ped again.... At the office they wanted me to give it more time to let miralax do it's "thing"... but before the nurse was ready to dismiss us I asked if someone could take Aliyah's blood pressure since the nurse at her daycare was on vacation...

She took it once using a blood pressure monitor....... The reading came back too high.... The nurse said maybe because was fuzzy.... The second reading when she was calm was still too high... around the 160s systolic... The nurse told me to wait..... 40 mins later after waiting she took another reading.... It came back in the 150s....... 30 mins later the nurse took her blood pressure manually it was in the high 140s..... She brought in another nurse to compare reading .. she also took a reading in the high 140s..... By this time I knew something was wrong.... They weren't telling me of none of her reading including her very first one, I am guessing so I wouldn't worry...

The doctor stepped in to let me know she sent out for an ambulance to take her to the Iowa City Children's Hospital, 2.5 hrs away. She already called in her neurologist over there and told me they are expecting her. She explained to me that she was worried Aliyah may have a stroke... With readings that high it can be dangerous. An adult with those readings have really bad headaches, she couldn't believe how Aliyah was handling the pain...

Aliyah was very irritable but we all thought it was because of her constipation. Aliyah did very good when the paramedics came in and strapped her up for the long ride... I sat right next to her in the ambulance. Never did I think I would be in an ambulance for my 2 yr old... I just wanted that night mare to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment